ABOUTBIOSEEN ONFAVORITESCONTACT

Monday, June 25, 2012

Designer Spotlight: J Crew




J. Crew is perhaps one of the most iconic brands for smartly-dressed men, women, and children all around the world. With cleans lines, beautiful silhouettes, and impeccable quality in both fabric and make, the company has created a vast empire of cashmere and classic button down sporting followers who crave cult favorites such as the No. 2 Pencil Skirt (now on sale!) and Italian Leather Classic Ballet Flats

J. Crew began twenty-nine years ago in 1983 solely as a mail-order catalog company. The eighties were a time when catalogs were major revenue makers, with companies like Lands' End and L. L. Bean at the helm of the competition. Originally called Popular Club plan (until 1989), J. Crew aimed to create looks similar to the "Ralph Lauren" style but at a lower cost, in other words, leisure wear for the upper-middle class. 

In 1989, the company officially became called J. Crew and opened their first flagship store in downtown Manhattan. Since then, more than 300 retails stores have opened nationwide, including J. Crew, J. Crew Factory, and newer more on-trend sister store Madewell

I will be honest. If I could wear only J. Crew, I would. Yet, my college-student budget does not always allow for such a thing. In the mean time, I think I'll browse old catalog spreads and The Pink Peonies, who wears J. Crew in almost all of her outfits (flawlessly, I'll add). Preppy and classic perfection.

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Seriously have an unnatural obsession with J.Crew -- their styling and branding is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jcrew is so classic. Even the older outfits from the 80s and 90s would still be cute today. Timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new follower!

    I have a J. Crew problem. I need a 12-step program to help my J. Crew addiction. Now I learn that we're getting an Anthropologie in my hometown and it's going to be right next to J. Crew. Goodbye, paychecks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I just stumbled upon your blog and I already like it :-)
    J. Crew is one of my favourite stores! It's to the point that I have to stay away from them when I'm low on money because I always come home with a handful of clothes if I don't, haha.

    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. children’s bean bags

    J.Crew Group, Inc. is a multi-brand, multi-channel, specialty retailer. The company offers an assortment of women's, men's and children's apparel and accessories, including swimwear, outerwear, loungewear, wedding, bags, hair accessories, belts, jewelry, and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I'm a total J.Crew junkie, the sales team at the two locations closest to me knows me by name ( I know their names too) and knows to hide specific pieces from each delivery for me in my size. It's a bit of a problem. It's amazing how much the company has changed over the years.

    Kate
    www.theforgetfulwife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!