ABOUTBIOSEEN ONFAVORITESCONTACT

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mama Mia

After watching Eat, Pray, Love, I was reminded of my love for real Italian pizza and the wonderful trip to Italy I took a number of years ago. My absolute favorite place we went was Florence, where we unfortunately had much too short of a stay. It's such a beautiful city with all the classic old world architecture you expect to see in Europe and excellent shopping as well.

View of the city and the Arno River
So I looked up another recipe from MyRecipes.com, this time looking for a rustic-style pizza to bring back memories of eating in a quaint pizzeria in Naples. I decided that the white pizza with tomato and basil sounded perfect, and it was indeed. Also from the quick and healthy menu, since my mom has no affinity for cooking and I am such a newbie, it took about fifteen minutes to prepare and was very light- unlike the typical delivery pizza you see now-a-days. If you like the traditional pizza margherita, this is very similar, just kicked up a bit with ricotta and pesto (which we were lucky enough to have some homemade).


Gustare il cibo!

Listening to: Postcards from Italy by Beirut. Hear it.

1 comment:

  1. ooh that looks delicious! i love making pizza - it always tastes better homemade!

    molto bene! ;)

    -j, your newest follower :)
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!